Saturday, April 14, 2012

Think Outside The Sandbox.

Did ya like that... I thought it was pretty clever... not really.  Anyway, the reason I'm writing is because I was in a meeting yesterday and there was a problem trying to figure out why people don't like to work in groups.  Usually one person ends up doing all the work and the rest take the credit.  (Of course, until the anonymous evaluation shows up and then you get to have your revenge.)  The answer is simple, think of whatever your trying to do .... a game.  I know this might sound a bit childish and odds are its probably not going to work.
       Make it into a dare.  You might get a few bad looks, a few less than nice words, however... it could get your group to take on the challenge.  Sort of like how kids pretend to be a group of spies, or explorers, or a pack of wolves; it really is the same concept. The people that your working with are acting like lazy teenagers anyway, why not take away a few more years.  The point is that sometimes the most complicated situations can be solved in the simplest of ways... the same way a child thinks of a piece of paper as a space shuttle... like how I like to think I saved the world last thursday... with a plunger and two sugar wafers.  Grow down my friends.  (Happy Emoticon)

No comments:

Post a Comment